Admenta is one of the most prescribed Memory Pills for treating Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders. It contains Memantine as its key content that aids in the treatment of moderate Alzheimer’s, mental confusion, forgetfulness, impaired reasoning, and similar memory disorders.
Alzheimer’s or memory loss patients mostly suffer from declining thinking capabilities, loss of communication, learning, and reward abilities. This results in difficulties in handling daily activities. Admenta is one of the best Memory Loss Supplements that work by improving such symptoms and delay the progression of the disease. However, certain limitations of this medicine do not permit children less than 18 years or women undergoing pregnancy or breastfeeding phase to use it.
Admenta tablets should only be used after consulting the doctor.
USA Brand Name
|Namenda||Memantine||USA, India & Europe||Yes|
Why use Admenta (Memantine)?
It’s the safety and efficacy of Memantine that improves patient’s conditions in moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease. Many clinical trials agree that Memantine is a safe and well-tolerated drug. This makes it well-suitable for treating Alzheimer’s as well as memory-related disorders.
Uses of Admenta (Memantine)
Admenta (Memantine) is mainly used for improving the patient’s conditions when they’re suffering from any of the following health disorders:
- Alzheimer’s disease: Many times, Memantine is used in Alzheimer’s combination with Donepezil for treating moderate to severe dementia.
- Parkinson’s disease with Dementia: Many findings revealed that Memantine used in PDDhas proved it as a well-tolerated drug.
- Memory-related disorders: Memantine has proved to be effective for curbing delusions, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, and irritability that mostly occur with dementia.
How Admenta (Memantine) works?
Mostly, old-aged people are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, a condition characterized by gradual memory loss. Such medical condition occurs due to imbalances going on with the chemical messengers like glutamate in the brain.
Admenta (Memantine) works by blocking the activities of Glutamate. Thus, brain functions are stabilized and the effects of memory loss can be minimized. Though Admenta (Memantine) cannot cure Alzheimer’s or memory loss completely, it is a safe drug to normalize brain functions and enhance memorizing power.
How to use Admenta (Memantine)?
Admenta (Memantine) is available as an oral tablet that is to be used once or twice per day, depending on the need for treating health conditions. Follow the dosage instructions given by your doctor.
This tablet is consumed orally with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food, but limit alcohol usage while using Admenta tablets.
Don’t worry if you have missed or skipped using Admenta unintentionally. It can be taken as soon as you remind. Also, if your next scheduled dosage is near, you may not take the tablet immediately, but continue with the next dosage itself.
Avoid taking multiple Admenta tablets at the same time. Stick to the dosage instructions as given by your doctor. Overdosing is extremely dangerous for your health.
Some mild side effects may appear while you’re using Admenta. They happen as your body adjusts to Memantine. No need to worry about them unless they’re lasting longer in severe nature. You may seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
Here are the common side effects of Admenta tablets that you should know:
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Balance disorders
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of focus
- Irregular heartbeat
- Rapid weight-loss or weight-gain
- Body pain
- Admenta (Memantine) is a prescription-only medicine. Don’t start or stop using these tablets only if you think you should be doing it.
- This Alzheimer’s medicine is good to go with or without food.
- If you see any undesirable effects after using Admenta, please consult your doctor before you continue using this medicine.
- Limit or restrict alcohol usage if you’re going to use Admenta (Memantine) tablets
- You should be assured that your doctor is well aware of your medical history, surgeries, allergies, and current medicines before prescribing you these memory loss pills.
- Avoid activities like driving or operating heavy pieces of machinery during Admenta
When NOT to use Admenta (Memantine)?
You may avoid taking Admenta or Memantine tablets in the following scenarios:
- If you’re allergic to Memantine or any other active ingredient of this medicine
- You’re suffering from heart problems, liver or kidney disease, epileptic seizures, or renal tubular acidosis
- If you’re pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding your child
- If you’re using conflicting medicines, vitamins, or any herbal supplements
- Some drugs show conflicting reactions when used in combination with Admenta. Tell your doctor if you’re already using Eplerenone, necrotic pain medications, muscle relaxants, anti-anxiety medicines, or hypertension medicines.
- OTC pills and herbal supplements may impose negative impacts if combined with Admenta.
- Store Admenta at normal room temperature between 10 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- Keep it out of reach of children
1) Can I get addicted to Admenta tablets?
No addictive abilities are discovered with Admenta (Memantine) tablets.
2) How long does it take for Admenta to show effects?
One Admenta tablet takes at least 3 to 8 hours to show its benefits. That is why your doctors recommend using these memory loss pills at the same time daily. The progress can be tracked after 4 weeks of regular consumption.
3) Can I use Admenta pills during pregnancy?
Admenta is not advisable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is not even recommended for women planning a pregnancy.