What is Etizest?
Etizest is one of the hypnotic & sedative medicines that are prescribed to the patients suffering from anxiety or insomnia (sleep disorders).
This medicine is an effective treatment to reverse the effects of anxiousness or sleeplessness. However, it is important to disclose medical history to the doctor before starting to use Etizest.
Its medicinal composition is similar to benzodiazepines. Etizest can conflict with drugs like Cisapride, Ketoconazole, Clonidine, Clozapine, Metoclopramide, Cetirizine, Disulfiram, and Morphine.
Active Ingredient: Etizolam
Manufacturer: Consern Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
Dosage Availability: 0.5 mg & 1mg
Note: Etizest should only be taken after getting a prescription from the doctor. It can be extremely harmful if the patient’s physical or psychological conditions cannot withstand the effects of Etizest.
What is Etizest used for?
Etizest is mainly prescribed to treat anxiety & conditions of short-term insomnia. Through its active ingredient, Etizolam is used in antidepressant medicines, Etizest is not an antidepressant.
How does Etizest work?
The natural defence system, better known as the immune system of the human body responds to every emotion differently. Such signals are passed on to the brain via chemical response messages called neurotransmitters. When the person feels anxious, the neurons carry the messages haphazardly.
Etizest works by speeding up the response of GABA, the neurotransmitter passes on the signals to the brain to relax & stay calm during anxiety.
GABA is expected to calm down & regularize the emotions. This activity gets faster because of Etizest.
How to use Etizest (Etizolam) tablets?
- Etizest (Etizolam) is an oral medication available as tablets. You may use it as and when prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Avoid crushing, chewing, or breaking the medicine.
- You may take Etizest with or without food as its effectiveness is not affected by food consumption.
- Do not overdose the medicine in any case.
Side-Effects of Etizest (Etizolam)
Here are some of the very common side-effects of Etizest:
- Altered libido
- Weakness in Muscle
- Buzzing in the ears
- Blurred Vision
- Upset stomach
- Attention-seeking activities like driving, operating machineries, and so on should be avoided after taking Etizest. As you have seen above, it causes sleepiness & so you may observe adverse circumstances
- Do not drink alcohol near the consumption of Etizest as it may cause negative effects
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any medicines or if you are undergoing any medical treatment. This will help your doctor to figure out if those medicines will show negative effects with Etizest or not.
- Share your medical history with your doctor, and if you are pregnant or breastfeed your child. It helps in the better prescription of the medicine.
1) Is Etizest Safe?
Etizest tablets are safe to use when consumed after getting a prescription from the doctor. Make sure that you don’t increase the dosage strength or stop taking the tablets based on self-decision.
2) Is Etizest addictive?
Etizest does not cause any kind of addiction. But, it is prescribed to the patients so that they can feel relaxation & calmness under anxiety. It is only required to be taken according to given dosage instructions. Its effect will diminish whenever not consumed, thus it cannot be said as addictive.
3) What happens if I stop taking Etizest?
When you stop taking Etizest, the defence mechanism of neurotransmission by GABA will work as usual. This simply means that the push given by Etizolam will not be made anymore. The body’s response will still happen against anxiety or insomnia normally.
Additionally, the patient may experience symptoms like weakness, vomiting, an increase in heart rate, buzzing sound in the ears, and so on. Do not panic if any such thing happens to you. Consult your doctor and seek guidance.
So, now you know what happens when you stop using Etizest.
4) What time does it take for Etizest to come into effect?
As you take the dosage of Etizest, it becomes active after 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can observe effectiveness at its peak after 3 to 4 hours of dosage.
5) How long does the effect of Etizest last?
The effectiveness of this medicine remains in the body for around 6 to 8 hours. Your body may flush out the medicine after this duration.
6) Does Etizest relax muscles?
You may observe your muscles as relaxed after taking Etizest but this does not mean that you can use Etizest for muscle relaxation. It is one of the common side effects that the patient feels lethargic after using Etizest (Etizolam).
7) Can I sleep well after taking Etizest?
Yes. You don’t need to worry if Etizest will disturb your sleep schedule. Etizest mainly intends to bring calmness & along with it, it also makes the patient drowsy. Total sleep time is increased & REM (Rapid Eye Movement) is decreased. However, Etizest doesn’t have any negative effects on sleep latency.
8) Can I use Etizest (Etizolam) as an antidepressant?
Etizest (Etizolam) is only formulated to treat generalized anxiety disorder among patients with depressive symptoms. It may cause mood swings but it cannot be used as an antidepressant.