What is Zopisign 10 mg?
Zopisign 10mg is a sleeping pill to be used on prescription only. It belongs to the non-benzodiazepine class of drugs that are prescribed for treating short-term insomnia.
Zopiclone is the active ingredient of this oral tablet that is also available in liquid form. Those patients who’re uncomfortable swallowing pills may be dosed with the liquid Zopisign Zopiclone 10mg for equal effectiveness.
Zopisign & its effects on Insomnia
An individual suffering from insomnia finds difficulty initiating sleep or staying asleep for a longer time i.e. 7 to 8 hours. You may be diagnosed with insomnia if this disturbed sleep quality continues for weeks in a row. Slowly, it affects the quality of life adversely. As a result, mood & behavioral changes happen, lack of focus at the job & personal life is also impacted negatively.
In such cases, Zopisign 10 works as a major relief. Its key component Zopiclone plays a major role in improving sleep quality by interfering with brain activity. It relaxes the brain & helps the patient to fall asleep faster. Hence, the effects of insomnia subside gradually, and sound sleep drives in.
Uses of Zopisign 10 mg tablets
Short-term Insomnia is the only reason for prescribing Zopisign 10 mg tablets. It is an amazing sleeping aid pill that not only makes patients sleep faster but also reduces the tendency to wake frequently during the night. Zopisign also creates a positive effect on mood & improves focus after a sound sleep.
How does Zopisign 10mg work?
Once Zopisign 10mg is consumed, Zopiclone starts getting effective in the bloodstream within 30 to 45 minutes only. It targets the chemical messenger of the brain that promotes sleep. Zopiclone creates a calming effect on the brain by slowing down the Central Nervous System activity. Thus, sleep initiates faster & the patient falls asleep within an hour of consuming this tablet. Also, it gets possible to sleep for a longer duration of 7 to 8 hours without frequent awakening at night time.
How to use Zopisign 10 mg Tablet?
Before you start using Zopisign 10 mg tablets, you should know that it is a sleeping pill that should be used for a short period only. This duration is 1 to 2 weeks only. Follow the dosage guidance given by your doctor to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.
- Take Zopisign 10 tablets at the same time daily in the prescribed dosage so that Zopiclone levels maintain in your body.
- Swallow Zopiclone 10 mg tablet as a whole with a glass of water. If you crush, break, or chew the tablet, its effectiveness will be decreased.
- The best time to use Zopiclone 10mg pills is before bedtime. Make sure you’re using this tablet after having light meals only. Using it after heavy/fatty meals will increase the digestive time of food & will make Zopiclone get into effect lately.
- Stay away from alcohol & grapefruit juice to not let excessive dizziness kick in after using Zopisign 10mg tablets.
- Don’t split the Zopisign tablet or take two tablets together on an experimental basis. In the first case, you may not be able to sleep as expected while in the second case, you may endanger your health by overdosing.
As Zopisign 10mg tablet is used once before bedtime only, you may choose to take your next scheduled dosage if you forget to use it someday. However, don’t miss it frequently else your insomnia conditions will not improve as expected.
Overdosing is never an option & you should never do it. If you’ve used multiple pills, the chances of critical side effects increase. Please reach out to your doctor before the situation gets worse.
Side Effects of Zopisign 10mg
Not all patients experience the side effects of Zopisign 10mg tablets. They may happen to some patients & in moderate nature only. Here are the commonly observed side effects after using this sleeping aid medicine.
- Abdominal pain
- Breathing problems
- Body pain
- Back pain
- Mood changes
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Dry mouth
- Inflammatory skin
Tell your doctor about your ongoing medications so that they can guide you with the safe gap between these medicines. It is important to do this otherwise the clash of active components can drive havoc on your health.
Zopisign 10mg is not compatible to use with certain drugs or medications. Here are the conflicting ones with this sleep-promoting pill:
- Herbal supplements
Some of these medicines may have mild effects while some have severe impacts. We thus recommend disclosing your medications to your doctor before using this sleeping pill.
Warnings & Precautions
- Zopisign 10mg promotes sleep, but it can create drug abuse effects on the patients. Hence, don’t use it for a longer period than prescribed.
- Don’t increase the dosage of this medicine or combine it with conflicting medications.
- This medicine is not for pregnant women, women who’re planning to get pregnant as well as nursing women.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney and liver problems, heart problems, glaucoma, and any such critical health issue. This helps them in figuring out whether or not to prescribe this sleeping medicine to you.
- Doing any attention-seeking activities after using Zopisign 10mg is not recommended at all. This includes driving, operating heavy machinery, etc. The reason is Zopiclone that leads to dizziness.
- The maximum recommended duration for Zopisign 10mg tablets is a week or two. So, don’t use it for more than this period. Its long-term usage reduces its effectiveness as your body gets used to it.
- If you stop taking this medicine suddenly, severe withdrawal effects can be experienced. Seek advice from your doctor before taking any such step.
Zopisign 10mg tablets should be kept in a cool & dry place. Store them out of reach of children.
1) Does Zopisign 10mg help me sleep longer?
Zopisign 10mg will improve your sleep quality, prevent frequent awakening at night time, and helps in falling asleep faster. Patients usually get good sleep after using this medicine, but obvious evidence is not found where Zopisign 10mg makes you sleep for a longer time than usual.
2) Can Zopisign 10 also cure anxiety?
It is an anti-insomnia medication & not an anti-anxiety pill. However, when an individual gets peaceful sleep during nighttime, their mood will stay boosted during the daytime. You can say that such positive behavioral effects will reduce anxiety indirectly.
3) Is Zopisign habit-forming?
Zopisign is a habit-forming medication as many patients have reported addictive & abusive properties of this medicine. But, it won’t get you addicted to it if you use it for a short-term of 1-2 weeks only.
4) For how long should I use Zopisign 10 tablets?
Most doctors prescribe this medicine for short-term insomnia i.e. a week or two. If your insomnia condition does not improve after using this sleeping pill for a week, talk to your doctor instead of doubling the dosage or discontinuing it suddenly.
5) Can I use Zopisign during pregnancy or lactation?
This medicine is not for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.