What is Zopisign 7.5mg?
Zopisign 7.5mg is a well-known oral treatment for insomnia. This sleeping disorder slowly affects the quality of life because the patient isn’t able to initiate sleep. Moreover, they undergo frequent awakenings at night time & cannot sleep for a longer duration either.
It is a ‘sedative-hypnotics’ class of drugs formerly recommended for treating short-term insomnia. Some common reasons responsible for this sleep disorder happening in acute or chronic conditions are stress, breathing problems, and anxiety.
This prescription medication for insomnia is to swear by when it comes to improving sleep quality. Only one dosage of Zopisign 7.5mg tablet per day is enough to streamline the sleep cycle. Also, this sleep-promoting pill is used for the short term only. Thus, if you worry whether it will create dependency, you don’t need to!
As you start using Zopisign 7.5mg according to the prescription, it will gradually improve your sleep. ZOP 7.5mg tablets are highly effective with prompt onset timings i.e. 30-45 minutes & maintain the effectiveness for 6-8 hours. Besides this, it helps patients to avoid sleep disturbances so that a better sleep cycle is initiated again.
Uses of Zopisign 7.5mg Tablets
|Zopiclone (7.5mg)||Short-term Insomnia|
How does Zopisign 7.5mg Work?
Zopiclone is the core ingredient of this medicine present in 7.5mg strength. It targets the functioning of GABA chemical messengers. GABA handles the blocking of certain nerve cells in the brain to initiate sleep. Zopiclone boosts the activity of GABA so that a relaxing & calming effect is created in the brain. Thus, the patient falls asleep in no time after using this sleeping aid pill.
As mentioned above, acute or chronic insomnia conditions are because of anxiety, stress, and breathing problems. When Zopiclone gets effective & calms the nerve cells, these health issues are de-focused and the body enters into sleep mode. Though Zopisign 7.5mg helps to get long-time sleep, you can expect to rest peacefully for at least 7 hours. When you wake up, you’ll feel fresh & mood will be uplifted because the night went well.
How to use Zopisign 7.5mg Tablet?
- Follow the suggested dosage for using Zopisign 7.5 mg tablet. It is ideally swallowed on an empty stomach or after light meals before bedtime.
- Swallow one whole tablet with a glass of water before 30-45 minutes of bedtime. The effectiveness of this medicine can be affected if you crush, break, or chew the tablet.
- Don’t combine it with any other ongoing medicines unless you’ve discussed them with your doctor and they’ve approved using them along with Zopisign 7.5mg pills.
- Zopisign 7.5mg is mostly used for a maximum duration of 3 weeks. So, don’t continue it for a longer time. In case if you don’t feel any noteworthy change in sleep quality, you may seek medical guidance. Also, consider reporting the progress in sleep quality after 7 to 10 days of using this medicine.
This sleeping medicine is to be used at the same time daily for maintaining Zopiclone levels in the body. However, if you forget to use it sometimes, please continue with your next scheduled dosage.
Don’t take two pills the next day. Just take the prescribed dosage & make sure you are not missing out on consuming Zopisign 7.5mg tablets more frequently.
Using multiple Zopisign 7.5mg tablets or going over-confident with more than the prescribed dosage will only harm your health. If you’ve ever done this & the negative health consequences are getting intolerable, visit your doctor immediately.
Side Effects of Zopisign 7.5mg
Zopisign 7.5mg tablets have some side effects that usually don’t require immediate medical attention unless they’re not fading away with time. In case if they’re getting worse, pay a visit to your healthcare provider.
Here are some common side effects of Zopisign 7.5mg tablets:
- Nose/throat infections
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
- Bitter taste
- Blurred/double vision
- Back pain
- Body pain
- Stomach pain
Zopisign 7.5mg tablets have severe interactions with medicines like Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, and Itraconazole. It has life-threatening reactions when used with Rifampicin. Some of the medications that may show complications with Zopisign 7.5mg are Trimipramine, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin & herbal supplements.
Instead of risking your health due to conflicts between active ingredients of these medicines and Zopiclone, please tell your doctor about your medications/supplements.
Warnings & Precautions
- Consume Zopisign 7.5mg for the ideal duration & in the dosage prescribed by the doctor. Don’t continue it for a longer period or take this sleeping aid medication in more than prescribed amounts.
- If you’re using any medications, please confirm it with your doctor & ask them if they’re safe to use along with Zopisign 7.5mg tablets.
- Women should be careful while using this medicine because it causes potential harm during pregnancy & lactation. Also, it is not suggested to women planning to conceive.
- Patients observing severe side effects should pause consuming this medicine unless they’ve consulted the doctor & discussed what’s happening to them.
- Avoid focus-needing activities like driving, operating machinery; or any such task after swallowing Zopisign 7.5mg pills because it makes you dizzy.
- Health conditions like kidney and liver problems, heart, breathing troubles, glaucoma, diabetes, history of mental illness, depression, etc may not permit you to use this sleeping aid medicine. Discuss any such medical history as well as allergies & surgery history with your doctor to handle this medicine safely.
- Zopisign 7.5 is ideally stored below 25 Degrees Celsius. Keep it at a cool & dry place only.
- Make sure that Zopisign 7.5mg pills are stored out of reach & sight of children.
1) Should I avoid any food while using this sleeping pill?
Alcohol, caffeine, energy drinks, grapefruit juice, etc should be avoided while using this sleeping tablet.
2) Which is the best time to use Zopisign 7.5mg?
Zopisign 7.5mg should be used at least 30 minutes before going to bed. It will boost the onset time of sleep and helps in improving sleep quality. Avoid using it during the daytime because it causes dizziness, sleepiness, and confusion.
3) Is Zopisign 7.5mg habit-forming?
Zopisign 7.5mg has habit-forming properties and that is why it is advisable to stop using this sleeping aid medicine after the prescribed duration.