Nemdaa is one of the most effective Memory Loss Supplements prescribed for mild to moderate dementia in Alzheimer’s. As mental and physical functions decline with the age, elderly people experience difficulties in memorizing things. Such conditions lead to dementia.
Dementia is a mental health disorder in which memory loss, problem-solving difficulties, confusion, judgment capabilities, etc are affected. When a patient suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, nerve cells of the brain undergo failures because of an abnormal protein accumulating therein. It hinders the smooth communication happening between the brain cells and thus leads to the shrinking or death of the brain cells.
Memantine helps in recovering from such conditions and minimizes the effects of dementia in Alzheimer’s. It is not a complete cure.
USA Brand Name
|USA, India & Europe
Why use Nemdaa (Memantine)?
Nemdaa, also popular as Memantine, is an approved medication for moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease. The effectiveness of Memantine has significant benefits for Alzheimer’s patients. It helps them in terms of cognition.
Uses of Nemdaa (Memantine)
Nemdaa (Memantine) plays a key role in memory enhancements and improving language, focus, and reasoning. It aids in balancing glutamate, a chemical messenger responsible for learning and memorizing. Besides this, it is also effective for curbing problems related to dementia – hallucinations, aggression, delusions, agitation, and irritability.
Three major uses of Nemdaa exist & they’re listed below:
- Alzheimer’s disease: Memantine is used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s of a mild to moderate nature.
- Parkinson’s disease with dementia: Memantine in patients with Parkinson’s disease dementia and dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Memory-related disorders
How Nemdaa (Memantine) works?
Nemdaa has Memantine as its active ingredient. When an Alzheimer’s patient experiences memory loss, it is because of the imbalance with the brain’s chemical messengers. Nemdaa (Memantine) tablet works by blocking the activities of glutamate, the chemical messenger responsible for transmitting nerve signals. Memantine blocks the current flow of N-methyl-d-aspartate channel receptors.
How to use Nemdaa (Memantine)?
Your doctor will provide dosage guidance regarding the usage of this medicine. Usually, these Memory Pills are consumed orally & once per day with a glass of water. You may be prescribed to use it every day.
Nemdaa can be used with or without food. Don’t drink alcoholic beverages or grapefruit juice while using Nemdaa (Memantine) as it leads to severe health effects.
Take the Nemdaa tablet immediately if you remind of missing its dosage. However, you can continue with the next scheduled dosage if it is near.
If you overdose on Nemdaa (Memantine), extreme side effects can be observed instantly. You may feel difficulty in walking, and experience vertigo, aggression, and agitation too. Avoid doubling the dosage or overdosing Nemdaa thinking that it will show effects faster. It can worsen your conditions instead.
The following side effects could be experienced by patients using Nemdaa in the beginning. They’ll likely disappear as soon as their body adjusts to the medicine. If they’re lasting for a long time with symptoms getting worse, please seek medical attention immediately.
- Irregular heartbeat
- Body pain
- Gaining/losing weight rapidly
- Tingling sensations in the hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Upset stomach
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Follow the dosage instructions given by your doctor & never use this medication without a prescription beforehand.
- Nemdaa can be used irrespective of food consumption.
- Don’t delay in visiting the doctor if you’re experiencing adverse effects after using this medicine.
- Please don’t start or stop using these memory loss pills based on self-assumptions. If you wish to discontinue using it, ask your doctor about doing it safely.
- Tell your doctor if you’re pregnant, planning pregnancy, or breastfeeding your child if you’re being prescribed this medicine.
- Don’t start using Nemdaa before you’ve discussed your medical history, medicines under-consumption, and surgical history with the doctor.
- It’s important to keep your body hydrated. So, drink 12 to 15 glasses of water daily.
- Don’t attempt driving or operating heavy machinery if you’re using Nemdaa. It may lead to extreme dizziness, thus resulting in accidents.
When NOT to use Nemdaa (Memantine)?
- Avoid using Nemdaa (Memantine) if you’re allergic to any of its active ingredients.
- Nemdaa (Memantine) should not be combined with alcoholic beverages.
- This medication shows moderate effects in patients having kidney and liver disease. Also, patients having cardiovascular diseases or suffering from seizure disorders should discuss it with the doctor before using Nemdaa (Memantine).
- Drugs like Trihexyphenidyl, Trimethoprim, Azatadine, Hydroxyzine, Clidinium, and Brexpiprazole show moderate interactions when used with Nemdaa. Ask your doctor about the safe gap to keep in-between medicine consumptions.
Nemdaa should be stored at the normal room temperature – 10 to 30 Degrees Celsius. Keep it in a cool and dry place and out of reach of children.
1) Can I get addicted to Nemdaa in long-term usage?
Nemdaa hasn’t shown any abuse potential. It may prevent the excessive use of morphine or ethanol instead.
2) What are the onset timings of Nemdaa (Memantine)?
It takes at least 3 to 8 hours for patients to see the effectiveness of this medicine. Your doctor may call you for a follow-up after using Nemdaa (Memantine) for 4 weeks.
3) Is Nemdaa ideal for pregnant women?
Nemdaa (Memantine) is not prescribed to pregnant or breastfeeding women as it can be harmful to the fetus or child. Even women planning to conceive are not prescribed this medicine.
4) What should I do if I’m using conflicting medicine Nemdaa already?
You may keep a safe gap between Nemdaa (Memantine) and your ongoing medicines to avoid side effects. Ask your doctor about this.
5) For how long should I use Nemdaa (Memantine)?
Only your doctor can determine the exact duration for which you should use Nemdaa. It’s better if you don’t discontinue it without consulting your doctor.