Nootropil is the best Memory Loss Pill prescribed to Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and Parkinson’s patients. It is also a popular dopamine-enhancer medication.
Also known for its active ingredient Piracetam, Nootropil aims at improving the blood & oxygen flow in the brain. Thus, awareness & memory improvements are regulated. Thanks to its incredible performance for compensating the loss of memory, confusion, problem-solving difficulties, and improving judgments. It is mostly prescribed to elderly Parkinson’s patients having such symptoms.
|USA Brand Name
|India, USA & Europe
Why use Nootropil (Piracetam)?
The main purpose of using Nootropil is the effectiveness of Piracetam. Piracetam might slow the progression of Alzheimer’s. It is found to improve the cognitive functions of the brain when used for a long term in high dosages for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Secondly, Nootropil is one of the most effective dopamine supplements. Piracetam increased the level of Dopamine metabolites. Positive effects are observed for Piracetam with its action on dopaminergic transmission.
Uses of Nootropil
Besides being an effective treatment for Parkinson’s disease, it is also used for treating the following medical conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Stroke & memory loss in Parkinson’s disease
- Age-related memory loss
- Head injury
- Cortical Myoclonus
- Cognitive Enhancer
Dementia in Parkinson’s disease is more likely to happen as Parkinson’s patients live longer. Thus, the presence of psychiatric illness, especially depression, may interfere with cognition & exacerbate memory loss. Using this tablet compensates for memory loss by increasing dopamine levels.
Also, short-term memory deficits found in Alzheimer’s-type dementia are repaired by Nootropil.
As the memory loss rate is faster in Alzheimer’s patients, It proves to be effective for these patients. Lower memory performance is common for Alzheimer’s patients due to frontal lobe dysfunction.
How Nootropil (Piracetam) works?
Nootropil (Piracetam) is one of the most recognized Memory Loss Supplements given to Parkinson’s patients. The working of this tablet is dependent on its active ingredient called Piracetam. Piracetam increases the activity of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger responsible for communication between nerve cells. This tablet aims at protecting the brain & the CNS from the shortness of oxygen.
How to use Nootropil (Piracetam)?
Always consume Nootropil or other Dopamine supplements as per your doctor’s prescription. This tablet may be prescribed for use twice or thrice during the day depending on the patient’s condition.
Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water at prescribed times. It can be consumed with or without having meals. But, don’t use Nootropil or Piracetam after crushing, breaking, or chewing the tablet.
Note: You have to avoid drinking alcohol or grapefruit juice while using Nootropil as they make you feel dizzier together.
Use this tablet as soon as you remember in case you forgot to take Nootropil. Don’t double this tablet dosage if your next scheduled dosage is near.
Overdosing is extremely harmful to Parkinson’s patients. So, never overdose on this medicine thinking that it will show faster effects.
These side effects of Nootropil may range from moderate to severe nature. Reach out to your doctor in case of any emergencies:
- Breathing troubles
- Weight gain
- Balancing difficulties or imbalances while standing
- Skin irritations
Use as & when prescribed by the doctor. Take this medicine at prescribed times & make sure you don’t overdose on it. Follow the instructions given by the doctor to avoid any severe adverse effects resulting from this medicine.
Warnings & Precautions
- Consuming this tablet makes you feel drowsy. Thus, you should avoid any activities that need your attention after using this medicine.
- The possible adverse effects of using this medicine may show up more in elderly people.
- Don’t stop using it whenever you desire. If you want to discontinue or alter the dosage of Nootropil, do it under medical observance.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you’re observing side effects that aren’t settling down & only getting worse.
When to NOT use Nootropil?
- Do not use it if you have had a medical history of allergies to Piracetam or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- Cardiovascular problems, kidney & liver damage, cerebral hemorrhage, etc are medical conditions that may not withstand the effects of Nootropil. Talk to your doctor if you have a history of such severe health issues.
- Nootropil is not recommended for patients suffering from Huntington’s disease. Hence, they should avoid using this medicine.
- Avoid taking this tablet if you’re pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding your child.
- This Parkinson’s medicine should not be used if you have used alcohol or grapefruit juice near dosing Nootropil. It may have instant negative impacts.
The interaction of drugs varies from person to person. It also has certain medicinal as well as interactions with certain disease conditions.
Here are the conflicting medicines with Nootropil:
- Low-dose Aspirin
- Anticoagulants like Warfarin & Acenocoumarol
The following are the disease interactions of Nootropil:
- Kidney disorder
- Bleeding disorder
- Store at the normal room temperature – 15 to 30 Degrees Celsius
- Keep it out of reach of children
1) Is Nootropil safe?
It is safe to use when you’re following the doctor’s prescription.
2) Is smoking or drinking alcohol permitted while using this tablet?
No. Smoking & drinking alcohol or grapefruit juice may impose negative health impacts. Hence, you should limit doing such activities to at least 3 hours before using Nootropil. It will be better if you avoid smoking or drinking for as long as you’re undergoing treatment with this Parkinson’s medicine.
3) For how long should I keep using Nootropil?
Only your medical practitioner can answer this. It depends on the patient’s severity of Parkinson’s disease for determining whether or not to continue using this dopamine booster. Please don’t start or stop using Nootropil based on your assumptions.
4) Can I use it during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
No. Pregnant or breastfeeding women, as well as women trying to conceive, should avoid using Nootropil.
5) Is Nootropil habit forming?
This tablet is not found addictive among Parkinson’s patients using it regularly. Consult your doctor for more information or queries.