Syndopa is one of the very popular Dopamine supplements used for treating the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. No matter if you are experiencing shakiness, stiffness, muscular rigidity, imbalance, etc, Syndopa will help you out. It is a prescription medicine that boosts Dopamine levels in the brain. This helps smoothen regular activities for Parkinson’s patients.
USA Brand Name
|Sinemet||Carbidopa-Levodopa||USA, India & Europe||Yes|
Why use Syndopa (Carbidopa + Levodopa)?
Syndopa (Carbidopa + Levodopa) is to be used by Parkinson’s patients according to the doctor’s prescription. This tablet works effectively as a Dopamine enhancer & helps Parkinson’s patients feel normal for a while.
Uses of Syndopa
Syndopa is used for treating Parkinson’s disease. It is prescribed to Parkinson’s patients to experience normalized body movements & reduce shakiness, stiffness, and imbalance.
How to use Syndopa (Carbidopa + Levodopa)?
Syndopa is an oral tablet. It should be consumed orally & swallowed as a whole with a glass of water at the prescribed duration. Syndopa tablets should not be broken, crushed, or chewed before consumption.
This tablet can be used with or without food, but not with alcohol or grapefruit juice.
Note: If you are using any other medicines currently, tell to your doctor to keep a safe gap between these medicines.
How Syndopa (Carbidopa + Levodopa) works?
Syndopa is one of the highly-effective Dopamine boosters. Its working is dependent on its active ingredients i.e. Carbidopa & Levodopa.
Levodopa improves the action of Dopamine, the chemical messenger of the brain. It is mainly responsible for controlling body movements.
Carbidopa backs Levodopa & prevents its breakdown until it reaches the brain. Thus, even the low dosage of Levodopa reaching the brain also functions efficiently.
Syndopa is available as an oral tablet with a combination of two key ingredients in different strengths:
- Plus (Carbidopa 25mg + Levodopa 100mg)
- 110 (Carbidopa 10mg + Levodopa 100mg)
- CR 250 (Carbidopa 50mg + Levodopa 200mg)
- 275 (Carbidopa 25mg + Levodopa 250mg)
How much Syndopa (Carbidopa + Levodopa) should be used?
As seen above, Syndopa is available in different strengths. Thus, only a doctor can prescribe the right dosage according to the severity of Parkinson’s disease. Several other factors are also considered before prescribing a particular dosage of Syndopa & it is not a cup of tea for laymen like us. So, we recommend using the right amount & dosage of Syndopa only after consulting the doctor.
Take Syndopa immediately as you remember that you have missed or skipped your dosage. However, if your next scheduled dosage is near, you may consume Syndopa at the scheduled time instead of taking it immediately.
Overdosing of Syndopa should be strictly avoided. It may make you witness negative impacts instantly. Consult your doctor immediately if you observe any severe effects.
- Panic attacks
- Dryness of mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Mood swings
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Stomach pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Sleeplessness or excess sleeping
- Sadness or depression
- Feelings of loneliness
- Start using Syndopa only after consulting the doctor & getting a prescription as per your health conditions.
Warnings & Precautions
- Syndopa should be cautiously used if you’re suffering from any major health issues. Thus, it is important to discuss your medical history, allergies, current medicines, etc with your doctor before starting to use Syndopa.
- Attention-seeking activities like driving, operating machinery; etc should be avoided after dosing Syndopa. This medicine may make you feel dizzy instantly & so the chances of accidents increase.
When to NOT use Syndopa?
- Avoid using Syndopa if you are observing its side effects of severe nature.
- Syndopa should not be used if you are allergic to any of its active ingredients.
- Please don’t use Syndopa if you are using any medicines that belong to the conflicting medicines list below. Also, you should verify your current medicines with the doctor before starting to use Syndopa. It will save you from seeing any instant negative effects.
- You should not use Syndopa if you have had alcohol or grapefruit juice near dosage timings of Syndopa.
- Don’t use Syndopa if you are planning to conceive, pregnant, or breastfeed your child.
- Health conditions like heart problems, kidney and liver problems, glaucoma, etc are severe. Don’t take Syndopa if you have any of these.
Just like other dopamine supplements, Syndopa also has some drug interactions. In other words, it may conflict when used in combination with other medications & here they are listed below:
Besides interacting negatively with the above-mentioned drugs, it also shows adverse effects among Parkinson’s patients who also have:
- Depression-related problems
- Cardiovascular problems
- Eye problems like Glaucoma
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Psychotic disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Mood disorders
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
Additionally, some laboratory tests related to urine should be avoided for as long as you are undergoing treatment with Syndopa. They are as follows:
- Glucose Test
- Ketone Test
- Catecholamine Test
- Syndopa should be stored at the normal room temperature: 15 to 30 Degrees Celsius
- Keep it out of reach of children
1) Is Syndopa safe?
Yes. Syndopa is safe to use until you’re using it as per the doctor’s prescription & not overdoing it. It’s important to abide by the instructions given by your doctor & continue using this medicine for as long as guided.
2) How long does it take for Syndopa to take effect?
Syndopa has faster effectiveness timing of around 15 minutes after its consumption.
3) How long do the effects of Syndopa last?
The approximate effectiveness duration of Syndopa is 5 to 24 hours. This is the time for which Syndopa remains active in your bloodstream.
4) Can I use Syndopa during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Syndopa isn’t recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Please discuss it with your doctor even if you’re planning to conceive. Such health conditions may be badly affected by Syndopa.
5) Is Syndopa addictive?
No. According to the regular users of Syndopa, it isn’t a habit-forming medicine.