What is Hypnite?
Hypnite tablet is an anti-insomnia medication available in oral tablet form. This sleep aid pill belongs to a class of drugs called sedative-hypnotics. Any medications belonging to this category of drugs function similarly to promote sleep.
Eszopiclone is the key substance of Hypnite tablets that is available in two variants – Hypnite 2mg & Hypnite 3mg tablets. Any adult having a sleeping disorder like insomnia can be prescribed this medicine for a short duration of 2 to 3 weeks. Hypnite is highly effective in promoting and maintaining sleep for 7 to 8 hours. Its faster sleep initiation is one of the common reasons to prefer this medicine.
P.S. Use Hypnite tablets only after consulting your doctor & discussing your current medical health conditions as well as medical history. Inform your doctor if you’re planning to conceive, already pregnant, or breastfeeding. This will help them in determining if it is unsafe for the patient to use Hypnite.
Uses of Hypnite tablets
How does the Hypnite Tablet Work?
Hypnite tablet reverses the effects of insomnia in patients who’re unable to get sound sleep at nighttime. Its major functioning is based on slowing down the nerve cell activities in the brain.
The active ingredient Eszopiclone increases the amount of GABA chemical messengers in the brain. GABA usually handles the blocking of the communication between the nerve cells for faster sleep initiation. As the activity of GABA is boosted, it will help the patient to fall asleep even faster in turn.
Some patients still feel sleepy after 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It is thus recommended to not attempt any focus needing activities (driving, using machines, etc.) after a few hours of waking up.
How to use Hypnite Tablets?
- Take Hypnite tablet as indicated by your healthcare provider. This anti-insomnia tablet is usually consumed for a short period of 2 to 3 weeks only.
- Patients are prescribed to swallow one Hypnite tablet per day before 30 to 45 minutes of bedtime. Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water & don’t split, crush, or chew it.
- Use Hypnite on an empty stomach or 2 hours after dinner so that this medication gets into effect faster.
- It is also recommended to avoid doing any chores after using this sleeping pill.
Side Effects of Hypnite
The side effects of Hypnite tablets are broadly categorized into common & severe ones. Let’s have a look at the common side effects first:
- Rashes on skin
- Dry mouth
- Bitter or metallic taste in the mouth
- Runny nose
Wait for a few days or a couple of weeks for these side effects to subside. But, if you see any of these rare effects, please consult your doctor immediately.
- Excessive sleepiness during daytime
- Abnormal thoughts
- Behavioral changes
- Loss of appetite
- Suicidal thoughts
- Memory impairment
- Swelling in the tongue or throat
- Complex sleep behavior
Avoid using the following medicines along with Hypnite tablets or ask your doctor if you can keep a safe gap between these medicines and Hypnite:
- Muscle relaxants
- Antifungal medicines
- HIV treatment medications
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Heart-disease ailments (Verapamil & Diltiazem)
Warnings & Precautions
- Use Hypnite only after getting a prescription from your doctor.
- Continue using the respective dosage of Hypnite tablets (Hypnite 2 or Hypnite 3) for the prescribed duration only. Don’t take it for more than 4 weeks. The ideal duration of treatment with Hypnite is 2 to 3 weeks. If you don’t see any improvements or still have insomnia issues, consult your doctor.
- Eszopiclone interacts with the developing baby in the womb & may lead to bleeding during labor. Hence, pregnant women should not use Hypnite tablets.
- Hypnite may pass its active ingredient to the child via breast milk so avoid using this sleeping aid pill during lactation.
- Kidney, liver problems, cardiovascular diseases, etc are a few health conditions that make the patient intolerant to Eszopiclone. Please discuss such sensitive health issues with your doctor before using Hypnite tablets.
- Limit alcoholic beverage consumption and avoid smoking during this medicine.
- Don’t overdose Hypnite else critical health consequences may be witnessed.
- Avoid sharing your Hypnite dosage with someone else who has the same sleeping problem as you. Tell them to consult the doctor and get their dosage prescribed.
- Don’t stop using Hypnite tablets if you experience anxiety, depression, tiredness, etc. Inform your doctor about these symptoms and seek their guidance.
- Stopping to use Hypnite suddenly may impose withdrawal symptoms. So, track your health progress with your doctor after using Hypnite for 7 to 10 days.
- Store Hypnite tablets below 30 Degrees Celsius in a cool and dry place
- Keep Hypnite tablets away from the reach and sight of children
1) Is Hypnite habit-forming?
Hypnite tablets have habit-forming potentials if it is used for a longer duration than prescribed. Thus, it is suggested to visit the doctor after the prescribed dosage is over & if you’ve discovered improvements in your sleep cycle.
2) How does Hypnite react with alcohol or smoking?
Dizziness, breathing problems, and difficulties in walking are the common symptoms that show up if you drink alcohol while using Hypnite tablets. The effects of smoking are unknown. But, you should avoid drinking alcoholic beverages or smoking while undergoing treatment with this sleeping aid pill.
3) Does Hypnite 2 tablet cause memory impairment?
If frequent sleep interruptions occur or if you don’t go to bed after using Hypnite 2 tablet, it may result in memory impairment which is rare though. The best way to escape the possibility of memory impairment is to use Hypnite 2 when you’re pretty sure that you’ll be able to sleep for 7 to 8 hours without any interruptions.
4) For how long should I use Hypnite 2 or Hypnite 3 tablets?
Hypnite 2 or Hypnite 3 tablets are safe to use according to your prescribed dosage for a short period of 3 weeks. If you continue taking this dosage for a longer time, the risk of abuse as well as side effects increases.
5) Is driving permissible after using Hypnite 3 tablets?
Hypnite 3 tablets slower the functioning of the CNS that directly impacts any attention-seeking activities like driving, using machinery, etc. It is usually unsafe if you attempt driving within 12 hours of using Hypnite 3 tablets. So, you better avoid doing so.