Duvanta is an oral medication commonly prescribed to treat generalized anxiety disorder, neuropathic pain, and depression. It may also be prescribed to patients suffering from chronic muscle or joint pain.
This medicine contains Duloxetine as its key ingredient. Duvanta belongs to the class of drug groups referred to as serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. You can find Duvanta 20 Mg Tablets available online or at the local medical store easily.
However, it is not a good idea to use Duvanta without a prescription. Though it is a highly effective medicine, it may or may not suit everyone. Some patients might not be prescribed Duvanta due to certain physical or psychological health conditions. Also, its active ingredient might not fit with the existing medications which may lead to serious health problems later on.
Manufacturer: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Ingredient: Duloxetine
Prescription Required: Yes
What is Duvanta used for?
The major purpose of Duvanta being prescribed is as follows:
- Neuropathic Pain or Diabetic Nerve Pain
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
If you encounter the symptoms of any of the above mentioned health conditions, do not start taking Duvanta. Unless you are diagnosed with such health issues by the doctor & prescribed Duvanta, it might put your health at risk.
How does Duvanta works?
Duvanta works by balancing the chemicals in the brain. It makes your mind feel relaxed by treating the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Besides having such soothing effects on your brain, it is also responsible for inhibiting the pain signals from the nerves to the brain.
Whenever the patient feels anxious, depressed, or undergoes nerve pain, the chemical messengers work haphazardly. Duvanta interacts with the central nervous system to pass calming signals to the brain. It activates the neurotransmitters to relax the brain faster and bring the body back to its normal state.
Duvanta is thus popular as an anti-depressant medication.
- Duvanta 20 Mg tablets should be used according to the prescription given by the doctor.
- Depending on the severity of health conditions, the medicine might be prescribed differently to different patients.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole along with a glass of water. Make sure you don’t crush, break, or chew the tablet.
- Duvanta is eligible to be consumed regardless of food intake. You may take it before or after having food. It will work equally efficiently in either case.
- Avoid overdosing on Duvanta. Just because you double the dosage to see the effectiveness faster might lead you to serious health issues like coma too.
Side-Effects of Duvanta Tablets
Just like other anti-depressants, here are some of the commonly observed side effects of Duvanta tablets:
- Dry Mouth
- Mood Swings
- Muscular Weakness
You may witness such side effects in exceptional cases:
- Throat inflammation
- Excessive Sweating
- Urination problems
- Weight gain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blistering of Skin
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blood Vessel Inflammation
- Duvanta should be stored at normal room temperature i.e. between 15 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Keep Duvanta out of reach of children
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited when you are about to use Duvanta. Both alcohol & Duvanta cause dizziness. They may show a severe negative impact on health together.
- Avoid doing any activities that demand your attention after using Duvanta. It may cause blurry vision & so driving, operating machinery, etc should not be attempted.
- Try not to skip or miss any dosage. Continue taking Duvanta for as long as your doctor wants you to. This will let you see the effectiveness of this medicine early.
- Depending on several health factors, Duvanta may take shorter or longer to show complete effectiveness. Be patient. It may take at least 2 to 6 weeks for the human body to adapt to this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have any serious health issues like cardiovascular problems, kidney and liver problems, eye problems, blood pressure problems, and so on. It will help them decide whether Duvanta is right for you.
- Discuss your allergies with the doctor or if you are allergic to any medicine so that they get a better idea of the medicine to be prescribed to you.
- Duvanta is not for the use of children under 18 years of age and hence should not be given to them in any condition.
Which medicines don’t go well with Duvanta?
Certain medicines don’t interact well with Duvanta. And, if they are consumed together, the body undergoes health troubles. Here are the medicines you should avoid using along with Duvanta:
- Medicines containing Duloxetine
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors like Moclobemide & Linezolid
- Oral anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents
- Strong Pain killers
- Herbal Medicines
1) Is Duvanta safe?
Yes, Duvanta is safe to use when consumed according to the prescription of doctor. However, this medicine may not suit everyone and hence should not be taken without consulting the doctor.
2) Can I buy Duvanta online without a prescription?
It’s a good practice to get a prescription first before buying Duvanta online. As mentioned above, certain severe health issues may occur if Duvanta is not taken under medical guidance. Only a prescription can describe whether you should use Duvanta or not. And, if you can use it, how many tablets should be used?
3) Until when should I use Duvanta tablets?
Continue taking Duvanta 20 Mg tablets for as long as your doctor wants you to. Don’t make any self-decision to stop taking the medicine.
4) What if Duvanta is not working for me?
If you don’t observe the effectiveness of Duvanta, talk to your doctor. Sometimes, it may take days while in some cases, it may take weeks. Several health factors influence the effectiveness of Duvanta to adjust within the body. Ask your doctor about this.
5) Is Duvanta better medicine than its alternatives?
Duvanta is equally effective as its fellow antidepressant medications.
6) Can I use Duvanta during pregnancy?
Avoid using Duvanta during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or if you are planning to conceive.
7) What happens if I miss or skip any dosage of Duvanta?
It’s not an issue if you occasionally miss or skip the Duvanta dosage. You may continue with the next scheduled dosage.
There are no reviews yet.