Galantamine 4mg is a prescription medicine mainly used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease symptoms. It is a brain disease that gradually destroys memory & thinking capabilities. Additionally, it also affects an individual’s ability to learn, communicate & perform routine activities.
USA Brand Name
|Razadyne||Galantamine||USA, India & Europe||Yes|
Use of Galantamine 4mg
Galantamine efficiency in Alzheimer’s is the most popular. Secondly, it is highly effective in treating Vascular Dementia. Galantamine used in patients with Parkinson’s disease with Dementia improves cognitive responses. The complete list of uses of this medicine is as below:
- Parkinson’s Disease With Dementia
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- Vascular Dementia
Why use Galantamine 4mg?
Galantamine 4mg is one of the best & most recommended Memory Loss Supplements. It would be fair if we say that Galantamine is the first-choice prevention for Alzheimer’s. Besides this, it effectively treats Parkinson’s disease with Dementia & Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
Galantamine prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in memory & other cognitive functions. Thus, cognitive abilities are improved in Parkinson’s patients with mild to moderate dementia. It’s amazing how the Efficiency of Galantamine in Parkinson’s Disease With Dementia is visible.
The Efficiency of Galantamine in Dementia with Lewy Bodies is never a question. This medicine is beneficial for treating Dementia with Lewy Body disorders without any detrimental effects on motor function.
How does Galantamine work?
The basic working mechanism of Galantamine depends on increasing the acetylcholine levels. It is a chemical messenger involved in transmitting nerve signals. Memory loss happens in Alzheimer’s patients because of the disturbance in the communication of nerve signals. Thus, Galantamine regulates communication by making them communicate smoothly. This impacts cognitive functions to happen normally & smoothly.
How to use Galantamine 4mg?
Follow the dosage directions as given by the doctor. Galantamine 4mg is an oral tablet to be swallowed with or without food. Don’t crush, chew, or break the tablet.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or grapefruit juice for as long as you’re using Galantamine tablets.
- Operating heavy machinery or driving should not be attempted while undergoing treatment with Galantamine
Have you forgotten to take Galantamine at the prescribed time? Don’t worry. You may use it as soon as you remind yourself that you missed your dosage. However, if your next scheduled dosage is near then no need to consume the missed dose immediately. Doing so will double your dosage.
Overdosing will impose severe negative health impacts. Hence, you should follow the dosage guidance & not increase or decrease Galantamine 4mg dosage based on assumptions.
The following are the side effects that may be experienced in moderate form among patients using Galantamine pills:
- Breathing problems
- Chest pain
- Blurry Vision
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Irregular heartbeat
- Make sure you’re taking Galantamine only after consulting the doctor.
- Please don’t overdose on Galantamine over the prescribed dosage.
- Consult your doctor immediately if any adverse effects are observed.
- If you see any side effects getting worse, don’t stop using the medicine. Seek medical attention instead.
Warnings & Precautions
- This medicine is not for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Even women planning to conceive should discuss it with the doctor before starting to use Galantamine.
- Patients with kidney and liver impairment or having a medical history of severe health issues should let the doctor know while Galantamine is being prescribed.
- Galantamine may increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding in patients who have had gastrointestinal disorders. Please report to your doctor immediately if you experience blood in the stools, heartburn, etc.
- If you see severe skin reactions while undergoing Galantamine dosages, you may be required to discontinue this medicine. Seek further assistance from your doctor.
When NOT to use Galantamine 4mg?
Please avoid consuming Galantamine 4mg if you observe any of the following adversities:
- Any type of allergy or hypersensitivity
- Cardiovascular problems or stroke
- Kidney or Liver Impairment
- Memory-loss related problems
Galantamine tablets may cause adverse effects when combined with the active ingredients of certain medications. Ask your doctor regarding the safe consumption of this Alzheimer’s medicine along with your ongoing medicines. Here are the conflicting drugs:
- Antifungal medicines
- Valathamate Bromide
Additionally, it may show conflicting reactions with diseases like Electrolyte imbalance, in case you’re suffering from it already.
Galantamine 4mg should be stored in a cool and dry place. Make sure it is out of reach & sight of children.
1) Is Galantamine 4mg safe?
Yes. Galantamine 4mg is one of the safest Memory Pills until you’re following the prescription.
2) Can you use Galantamine 4mg during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
No. Galantamine 4mg is unsafe for pregnant & breastfeeding women.
3) How to use Galantamine 4mg if I’m using conflicting medicines already?
It’s essential to keep a safe gap between Galantamine 4mg & ongoing medicines that conflict with this tablet. Ask your doctor how to take them in safe intervals.
4) Is Galantamine 4mg habit forming?
Galantamine 4mg is not a habit-forming medication. If you have more queries on this, please consult your doctor.