Galantamine 8mg is one of the most effective Memory Loss Supplements prescribed to Alzheimer’s patients. It is also used for the treatment of Dementia in Parkinson’s disease.
This medicine plays a major role in treating mild to moderate dementia in Parkinson’s. However, it is important to know that this medicine is not a complete cure for Alzheimer’s. It only slows down the loss & boosts the patient’s awareness regarding the surroundings, accelerates thinking & memory power, and increases capabilities for performing routine activities.
You’ll find Galantamine approved in the treatment of Alzheimer’s. Not just this, Galantamine is useful in patients with Parkinson’s disease with Dementia & the effectiveness of Galantamine in the treatment of vascular dementia is widespread.
USA Brand Name
|Garamycin||Galantamine||USA, India & Europe||Yes|
Use of Galantamine 8mg
Alzheimer’s is the disease targeted with Galantamine 8mg. It is a brain impairment that destroys the memory slowly & also negatively impacts the ability to learn, think, communicate, and perform daily activities.
The major uses of Galantamine 8mg are as follows:
- Vascular Dementia
- Parkinson’s disease with dementia
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies
Why use Galantamine 8mg?
Galantamine 8mg should be used as per the prescription given by the doctor. Galantamine is the first-choice medication for Alzheimer’s.
Acetylcholine is a chemical messenger involved in regulating memory & cognitive functions. The Efficiency and safety of Galantamine in Parkinson’s Disease With Dementia is to swear by. When a patient suffers from Parkinson’s disease with Dementia, Acetylcholine constantly breaks down. Galantamine 8mg prevents this breakdown & improves the cognitive functions in PDD. Thus, memory power is boosted.
The patient suffering from DLB experiences abnormal deposits of alpha-synuclein, a brain protein. Such deposits are known as Lewy bodies whose changes directly impact movements, behaviour, mood, and thinking processes. Thanks to the Efficiency and safety of Galantamine in Dementia with Lewy Bodies, the motor functions are treated without any detrimental effects.
How Galantamine 8mg works?
Galantamine 8mg works by raising the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine is a chemical messenger that is involved in nerve signal transmission. When a patient suffers from Alzheimer’s, it is because of the disturbed communication of these nerve signals. Galantamine 8mg aims to improvise the communication among these nerve cells, and in turn, make positive impacts on cognitive functions.
How to use Galantamine 8mg?
These Memory Pills are to be used as per the prescription & dosage guidance given by the doctor. Galantamine 8mg is mostly prescribed to be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to not break, chew, or crush the tablet before consumption. You may use it with or without food, but alcohol & grapefruit juice intake should be limited before at least 3 hours of using these pills.
Missed or skipped dosage of Galantamine 8mg can be taken spontaneously as soon as you remember. Don’t double the dosage in case if your next scheduled dosage is near.
Doubling Galantamine 8mg dosage will only impose severe adversities on your health. Avoid altering dosages as per your assumptions.
These side effects of Galantamine 8mg may appear in a mild to moderate nature. Please don’t panic until you see them getting severe? Seek immediate medical attention whenever needed.
- Loss of appetite
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Blurry Vision
- Weight loss
- Breathing problems
- You should not be allergic to any active ingredient of Galantamine 8mg before starting treatment with this medicine.
- Disclose your pre-existing health problems, ongoing medicines, drugs and supplements, surgical history, etc. before using Galantamine 8mg.
- Use Galantamine 8mg only after consulting the doctor & getting a prescription as per your health conditions.
Warnings & Precautions
- Consult your doctor immediately if any severe skin reactions are observed after using this medicine.
- Avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, and doing more of such attention-seeking activities after consuming Galantamine 8mg.
- If you have had a gastrointestinal disorder, you may have a risk of gastrointestinal bleeding when you’re using this medicine. Please report unusual symptoms like heartburn, bleeding stools, etc immediately.
When NOT to use Galantamine 8mg?
Galantamine 8mg should not be used if:
- You’re suffering from Heart-related problems
- You’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to get pregnant
- Any allergy or hypersensitivity is noticed after using Galantamine 8mg
- You have had or suffering from kidney/liver problems
Galantamine 8mg tablets may show conflicting reactions with the following medicines:
- Antifungal drugs
- Hyoscine Butylbromide
- Otilonium Bromide
Besides this, it also negatively affects disease conditions like Electrolyte Imbalance. Please consult your doctor immediately if you see any withdrawal symptoms or serious conflicting reactions.
Galantamine 8mg is usually stored in a cool & dry place. Keep it out of reach and sight of children.
1) Is Galantamine 8mg safe?
Galantamine 8mg is safe to use by following the prescription given by the doctor. Please don’t overdose on this medicine so that you don’t see any major side effects immediately.
2) Can you use Galantamine 8mg during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
These Memory Loss Pills may cause some serious complications among pregnant or breastfeeding women. It is not recommended for use during pregnancy, breastfeeding & for women who are planning to conceive.
3) How to use Galantamine 8mg if I’m using conflicting medicines already?
If you’re already undergoing treatment with conflicting medicines of Galantamine 8mg, don’t forget to discuss it with your doctor. He may tell you to temporarily discontinue those medicines or keep a safe gap between the consumption of both medicines. This decision can only be made by your doctor. Kindly approach them for more information.
4) Is Galantamine 8mg habit forming?
This medicine is not found to be addictive at all as per the research carried out on Alzheimer’s patients using Galantamine 8mg for quite a long time. However, if you have such queries, ask your doctor about this.